What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,695
Like?
What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?
Jun 26, 2013

I'm still using my Oly E30, but I'm selling my VStar motorcycle (Getting too old to comfortably throw a leg over) so I'm seriously thinking of getting a Fuji X series camera with an OVF since it meets most of my objections to mirrorless.  But while we see lots of arguments here regarding the merits specific mirrorless cameras, up till now, we haven't really been able to quantify people's objections.

I tried to list the objections I recall reading about in the past.  I didn't include or exclude any because I thought they were particularly cogent or stupid;  I'm looking for people's honest beliefs regardless of what "I" think of those beliefs.

For me, it has primarily been the lack of a quality OVF/EVF, and too, most of them haven't exactly been speed demons (Though my shooting style doesn't require speed, I still want it, if possible and if I don't have to compromise on other stuff).

This is just for fun.

POLL
lack of OVF/EVF or other framing issues
26.4% 38  votes
The Image Quality just isn't there
9.0% 13  votes
Don't like the lens selection
12.5% 18  votes
Too slow to focus or other functional speed issues
24.3% 35  votes
No FF
15.3% 22  votes
Lack of manual focus or other decent manual controls
2.1% 3  votes
they're ugly
0.7% 1  vote
No one will take me seriously as a photographer. For that, you need a DSLR
4.2% 6  votes
They're for women's purses.
5.6% 8  votes
  Show results
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow