About moderation - Feedback

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
edispics
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468
Like?
Re: About moderation - Feedback
In reply to quadrox, Jun 26, 2013

You guys are probably doing a load of good that I am not even aware of right now

Just as a point of reference. If anyone would like to see what happens when you don't have mods, just head over to http://www.bgr.com - the site iteself is ok - mainstream mobile news. Click on Blackberry and take a look at any article there and then click on comments. The comments are extensive and about 95% of the time consist of personal attacks, the most colorful swearing imaginable, made up facts and just general, all-consuming nastiness. Some might find in entertaining at first, but there is no real discourse, no exchange of useful information, just endless fighting. Also, it is populated by a small group of self absorbed narcissists who dominate the comments. It is rare to see a new nick.

So, in comparison, I have no doubt whatsoever about the good the mods are doing. Nothing and no one is perfect, but when I use BGR comments as a reference point, DPR is actually a pretty pleasant and fair place to be; it gets tiring being up to your eyeballs in poo on a non stop basis in non moderated forums.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow