About moderation - Feedback

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
lenshoarder
Contributing MemberPosts: 599
Like?
Re: About moderation - Feedback
In reply to quadrox, Jun 26, 2013

2. If you have an issue related to a moderator you feel strongly about then the ONLY legitimate ways to deal with it are either PM the moderator in reasonably civil terms and explain your position or contact an administrator using Feedback. That's all there is. Any public attacks or multiple personal messages threatening or abusing moderators will at best get you ignored and at worst banned.

This doesn't work.  I saw a moderator act with less decorum than I felt a moderator should in an official moderator action, the action had no impact on me, and submitted feedback to an administrator.  Never heard a word back.  It's just a black hole.  I do remember this policy from when community moderation was inacted as a safeguard.  It was to have been supervised community moderation.  I guess the supervision part of the community moderation was never implemented.

In my experience on various forums, community moderation doesn't work.  There are users and there are moderators.  It seldom works when the two are the same person.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow