Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.
In reply to noirdesir, Jun 26, 2013

The question was: if I install OSX on a non-Apple system, what is the loss to Apple caused by this. Your response: lost Mac computer sales.

Which it is from a probabilistic point of view.

And it is just as much gained computer sales from hackintosh users deciding they want to go all the way and buy a Mac, which was not a possibility for them when they started playing with hackintosh on cheap or already available hardware.

Unless you have concrete support for this "probabilistic point of view" you only made it up, and it's worth exactly what you got paid to do that. Nothing.

Out of one hundred people acting like you, there likely are a handfull that would have bought a Mac if the hackintosh option didn't exist.

And also out of those there likely are many who ended up with a Mac because they tested hackintosh.

And you cannot completely exclude that you will ever morph into one of those handfull of people.

I know for a fact that I ended up buying not one but two Macs after testing OSX on a non-Mac system. Thus I can completely and utterly exclude that notion.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow