Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Meeks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,939Gear list
Like?
Panasonic HC-X920 with LED 100WA-56 and LED 200WA-56
In reply to rockjano, Jun 26, 2013

My first test of my new Panasonic HC-X920 in all auto mode using LED lighting is now up.

Panasonic Test Video / LED Studio Lights

I'm pleased by the initial results.

Initial Observation for the Light Combination

There seems to be a very slight red bias; but, it's not as objectionable as the green bias with Daylight fluorescent lights.

The real benefit in the small room in which I work is that the lights run nice and cool!  Also, it's very nice to be able to independently control the brightness level from each light.  I did have a bit of a scare when the LED 200WA-56 went down after about 20 minutes of continuous operation.  Fortunately, it simply turned out to be a cable connection issue and was quickly back up and running by reattaching the cables.  It ran for hours without any further problems as I tested it for reliability over a long period of time.

Initial Observation for the Panasonic HC-X920

I have been an exclusive Sony and Ikegami user for more than 40 years.  So, making the move to the Panasonic took a lot of research.  It helped that I did NOT care much for the Sony NEX VG20 that I'd been using at work.  I'm VERY happy with the Camera.

While the Auto Settings used in the first test video didn't result in a perfect image (a little too bright and lower contrast than I'd like to see... ), it is perfect for the application for which I purchased it.  I've already used it for an event at work and will be perfect for my blog.

I REALLY appreciate the ability of the x920 to deal with lower light levels.  Having a Sony VCX2100 has spoiled me in this regard.  And, the Panasonic delivers an equally impressive low light level performance.

I expect a great deal more out of this camera when I start applying manual controls.

Sound options are minimal.   But, I can deal with those.  Great camera for my needs.

Tom Meeks's gear list:Tom Meeks's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow