What is the best non-Adobe photo processing software for Apple?

Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: GIMP is very capable
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Jun 26, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

Basalite wrote:

My recommendation for Mac users is to go with Parallels and Paint Shop Pro. Paint Shop Pro is by far the nearest you can get to Photoshop than any other app, Windows or Mac.

I am not sure why Corel does not offer a Mac version of PSP. They do offer one for ASP.

Then again it may be that ASP (re Bibble) was written cross-platform and PSP was not. Perhaps Corel just does not see the financial advantage of spending all that time writing a Mac version of PSP when they don't expect to sell many copies.

I think they would sell many copies of a Mac version of PSP since there would be no competition. Unfortunately, Corel is a big enough, faceless and prideless company that simply churns out many different types of software. Such companies rarely do anything special that makes sense. Corel bought PSP from JASC, an American company with a face and a company with employees that took great pride in creating and improving PSP. It was a real shame they sold out to Corel because Corel has actually done very little with PSP since they bought it, besides adding amateur junk and bloat.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow