ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 770Gear list
Like?
My God, its so hard to decide!
Jun 25, 2013

Hi all,

Do you feel smilar pain as i do nowadays? Imagine; you are not own your own studio, because you are not a pro. So why would you invest a pentax 645? Or even what the hack!! Why would you loose 2500 euros for nikon D800 body only? (God they are amazing. Space shuttle of photography for a guy, who does not have a driver licence!)

All these reasons brings me to dslr world, coz any mirrorless system does not fast for moving things... And there is pentax K-30! With many great specs and... 1000 euros with not at all sharp 18-135mm lens? And still lacking of modern world marvels sucs as wifi and even hdmi???

Keep your money on your pocket Ben. Or... look! There is the one! Pen newest one more compact then om-d and even wifi control... well need a vf? But its electronical... Man! It costs 1400 euros still no weather sealing? Ok maybe om-d is the option. What about om-d + nexus tablet offer for 1100 euros! (Nope! Over 1000 euros... even more than 800 euros!!!!) Ok ok Lets chck this beautifull e-pm2. Has omd-p sensor, nit weather seal but can fit pocket! Video is worse than e-pm1!!! And the screen 460k and not moving anywhere? Well wifi but no controls. Just for images... long story short: NO!

Then ; XZ-2 appears with it's same flawless lens from XZ -1 they even shares the same optical accesories (cla...tcon...) and i got remote which also fits! Even able to use wifi tranfer cards too? 920K folding display!!!! And almost 50 euros cheaper than e-pm2 that i still can afford sperate battery?

Final Decision: XZ-2
CONCULUTION: WHY DON'T I IMPROVE TO BIGGER SENSORS?

and the whole questionary backs to top!!!

God help me to win lotery this weekend PLEASE!

Ben

Ps: sorry to steal your time with my problems folks. After all its not also a question that i searching answer. Not confessing a sin on hobbyist cam users church just feel confused, and wish to share. Regards to all.

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Nikon D800 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow