Biggs23
Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,467Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to take a break
In reply to bosjohn21, 10 months ago

bosjohn21 wrote:

TrapperJohn wrote:

The moderation here is very light, and I don't envy the mods for doing it-has to be babysitting adults at times.

I haven't seen a locked or edited thread where it wasn't overdue, and frankly the ban feature could stand more liberal use. Almost all posts in question have long since departed any semblance of discourse, and that's being very generous.

Its just a camera, not a religion.

I would recomend the following most of which I think is available now.

All decisions to lock or delete a thread should be accompanied by a statement in a pm to the poster as to why the action is taken.

This is my standard operating procedure as a mod.

I think the poster should be allowed to share this statement with the group at his discression.

This will serve no purpose except to incite others. If there is a problem with a mod's action the appropriate course of action is to appeal to an admin.

All decisions to ban or kick forum members should also be stated to the member being banned or kicked and again the forum member should be given a chance to post the reasons to the forum.

Read the above.

I think there should be a timely and transparent appeal process that will be available to those affected by ban decisions.

Fair enough, IMO. (Although as a mod my opinion matters the same amount as yours!)

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. Have a good one and God bless!

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow