Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,533Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR is misguided
In reply to biggib, Jun 25, 2013

biggib wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

AllMankind wrote:

In my opinion... (please NOTE I said 'IN MY OPINION')...

a: Moderators should NOT be allowed to post comments as regular USERS.

b: Every moderator should have TWO accounts. Their Moderator account, and a regular user account.

c: If logged in as a moderator, a moderator should MODERATE and not be allowed to post user comments. If a mod wants to post comments, he/she MUST login as a regular user.

d: When logged in as a USER a moderator would NOT have any moderator powers and would not even be identified as a moderator.

Thus doubling the amount of work required for basic moderation tasks. To have such a requirement would severely decrease the ability of moderators to enjoy forums.

Because forums are for the enjoyment of moderators, right?

They are for the enjoyment of all users, of which moderators are a part.

f: No thread/post should be deleted unless agreed to by admin. In other words, no moderator should have the power to delete a thread or post without approval of DPR admin.

g: No moderator should have the power to ban a user. Again, the banning of a user should require admin approval and NOT be the sole discression of a single moderator.

If you don't trust them to make decisions why have them at all?

Precisely.

Thus making the argument pointless. DPR has decided they want moderators and that's 100% their choice. They are unlikely to change that decision based on the whims of the few. But who knows, maybe whining about it will change everything!

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. Have a good one and God bless!

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow