Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobgeorge
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
Re: Scott Kelby - Crushing the Composition
In reply to Guidenet, Jun 25, 2013

Guidenet wrote:

bobgeorge wrote:

For those that have watched the video...what did you think? I understand the theory, but it seems like he just takes a lot of shots to get the few he uses. I also found it interesting that he said he only travels with one lenses...a 28-300 (approx 13:30 mark).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHMuK7Htic

Bob, I think you missed the point, based on how you describe it here. He didn't say just to take a lot of shots looking for the right one. What he said was when you know there's something good there, to keep working until you find it. That's a lot different from what you are saying.

Even when he did the summary, he said the same thing and that was the basis of his program. He said when you stop and look at something, sometimes you just know there's something there that made you stop. Take the time and don't give up until you find it.

I think it makes good sense in a way. I also like what he said about if you want to find more good subjects, put yourself in front of more good subjects. LOL

Take care

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile
I reserve the right to make mistakes in reasoning and logic as well as to change my mind anytime I wish. I also ask forbearance with respect to my typos. Please take a look at my gallery here at DPR.

Got it.  I guess I always feel rushed to get to the next scene instead of working it until I get the shot shot I like.

-- hide signature --

BobGeorge
--------------
Nikon D600
Visit my Flickr page.

bobgeorge's gear list:bobgeorge's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow