Aperture

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
InspectorHud
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: Aperture
In reply to webfrasse, Jun 25, 2013

A few years ago I downloaded a trial of both Aperture and LR.  Coming from Windows, Photoshop and a file and folder system of cataloging I did not understand these apps and really disliked both very much.  Still, I needed a better way to catalog my growing library so I decided that I would go with LR because of my familiarity with ACR.  Unfortunately, my trial ran out on LR first so I could not go back to take another look so I kept Aperture by default.  Fast forward to today and I now feel that Aperture is one of my few indispensable apps and I would go into a small panic without it.  It took me much longer than 30 days to fully understand the philosophy of Aperture and the simple logic of what it does.  Even though some say it is a bit behind LR with some editing tools, it has some color editing functions that I've never seen in ACR that have become essential for me.

It is totally possible that if I would have gone with LR I would be cheerleading for Adobe right now, but my point is that even a thirty-day trial would not have been enough time for me to make an intelligent choice.  Both are great apps if you take the time to learn them and it does take some time.  I'm still learning things about Aperture after years and for $80 it is a steal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow