Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Patsy Murphy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,301
Like?
Re: how make the background black
In reply to b4cktr4ck, 10 months ago

b4cktr4ck wrote:

Hi all,

is it possible to make the background a uniform black without affecting the black on the clothes and accessories and without cropping the image?

if yes, can you share how in Photoshop? I have similar photos I would need to retouch

thanks!

I'm a little confused as to what you really want. You have two black sheets and a pop up background which I assume should  also be black in color, however either due to your camera settings or lighting setup your pop up background is a very dark navy blue color, you can clearly see that due the shadows behind him especially, if you were to uniformally set the whole background to black it would take away the outline on the top of his head, of course you could always add a couple of little highlights to the top of his hair. I did two versions to show you what I mean. One with the accessory and one without.

You can achieve similar results to what Allen did by duplicating the layer change the blend mode to soft light add a mask and mask the people back in.

Regards Patsym

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow