Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AngryCorgi
Contributing MemberPosts: 913Gear list
Like?
XF vs XC...R vs no-R...
Jun 25, 2013

Riddle me this: Why is there no "R" at the end of the 27mm lens designation?? And what does it mean??

The new zoom also has no "R", but also is an "XC" rather than an "XF" lens. What's that all about? The only thing clearly unique about the new zoom is the plastic mount/barrel. Is that what "XC" indicates?? Consumer-grade build? Some are saying the lack of an "R" means its a consumer-grade build. Anybody have word on what it all ACTUALLY means (with a Fuji source for the reasoning)??

Also, where is the location of manufacture for the 27mm lens??  It does not proudly don the "Made in Japan" scribbling of its bretheren.  Someone said the plastic-zoom is a Chinese product and the X-M1 is a Thai product, so is the 27mm Chinese, Thai, or what??  It doesn't matter too much, IMO.  I mean, either it performs or it doesn't.  I couldn't care less who stitched it all together.  From the MTFs, the new plast-i-zoom and 27mm should perform just as well as their possibly-higher-positioned siblings.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow