Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,154Gear list
Like?
First impressions of the TG-2
Jun 25, 2013

I tried earlier to post this earlier, but evidently I was a little too wordy, and dpreview didn't allow the post. I will try to post the highlights in smaller chunks as replies to this.

I recently bought the TG-2 to be a small camera, primarily for doing outdoor events, where rain is a possibility, and some indoor shooting, where I bring along a camera to get snapshots, but shooting isn't the primary activity.  For outdoor events, the E-5 is my current primary camera, and for lighter weight shooting, the E-PM2 is my secondary camera.

While I would prefer getting an E-M5 for lightweight outdoor shooting, I just wasn't willing to spend that much money on the E-M5 at this point in time.  Also, after shooting with the E-M5 at Olympus sales events, I have doubts on the E-M5's toughness.  Yes, it is rain proof, which is my primary need, but I have doubts as to whether it can survive the bumps and falls my E-x cameras have experienced (particularly the 12-50mm lens).  So I gravitated towards the TG-2.

Yesterday, I went to a new (to me) renaissance faire (Mutton and Mead, http://muttonandmead.com/) in western Massachusetts, and I took the TG-2 with me.  I took the E-PM2, which I never took out of the bag, and the E-5, which I left in the car.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow