The new Zack Arias Fuji x100s follow up review Locked

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Zack Arias
Senior MemberPosts: 1,117
I don't delete comments
In reply to photoreddi, Jun 25, 2013

photoreddi wrote:

And I've seen him respond to accusations in the comments sections -- after deleting the comments that he objected to, making it impossible to tell if his critic was making a fair case or not. ]

I have never deleted a comment on my blog because I didn't like criticism. I've only deleted blog comments when someone was saying something unkind or inflammatory about the person I photographed. ie - "He looks stupid." or "She's hot. I'd @#$# her all night."

Yes. I get comments like that. And I delete them.

Or I delete comments that are just flames. "You're a stupid idiot Zack and I hate all your pictures." I get those from time to time. Sometimes I'll let those slip on through and I have a laugh about it.

Critical of my thoughts and images but have at least something to say to back that up? Even if I don't agree? I let those through. I'm always up for discussion.

Have you commented and have never seen your comment posted? Well, then you're caught in the spam filter and I don't go through that to weed out normal comments. I get, on average, 500'ish spam comments a day on my blog. Sorry. Not going to go through the filter.

Know what else I get? At all hours of the day and night? Phone calls. Yeah. I'm a working photographer. My phone number is on the Internet. People take issue with what I think about something in photography and decide to call me and debate the issue.

Thank God above for my studio manager and google voice.

Cheers,
Zack Arias

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow