Perhaps a silly question on LR vs PS CS

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps another silly question
In reply to momartz, Jun 25, 2013

momartz wrote:

Are LR and ACR essentially the same thing? I've learned a good deal on how to use LR4 but I have just begun with PS (CC) via tutorials. While it appears really convenient to stay within the Bridge/ACR/PS workflow, if LR4 or LR5 is a better choice for primary editing to be followed with finishing specialty edits in PS ... It seems best to continue with my use of LR.

No, they are NOT the same!  The EDITING part of Lightroom is much like ACR.  Lightroom probably has more beatures in it.  I don't use ACR in CS6 because I use Lightroom, but what I've seen of it, some of the sliders are similar for the basic stuff.

However, a big however, Lightroom is a catalog program.  I think that's what it primarily is, but others may disagree.  A catalog program with some editing features.  The editing features are getting better and better and more and most PS plugins can now be directly started up from inside Lightroom.

It also supports printing and web development and books, but the latter two are too restrictive for me to use and I still haven't dived into printing with LR partly because I don't do most of my printing in-house.

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow