Perhaps a silly question on LR vs PS CS

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps a silly question on LR vs PS CS
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Jun 24, 2013

If you don't need to keep track of your images, then you don't need Lightroom.

Simple editing is MUCH simpler in Lightroom than Photoshop, but it is the same as ACR and even if you shoot jpg you can open files in ACR for that advantage without Lightroom.

But otherwise, you don't "export" (in Lightroom terms) to send a file to Photoshop.  First, many people find they don't need photoshop very much.  I do, but usually only for images that I'm going to use on a website, try to sell, etc.  But when you do want to edit in Photoshop, you have Lightroom prepare a file for you, stack with the original if you want (I do), then it automatically goes to Photoshop and will be there when you get back.  Otherwise, the intention is not to export files from Lightroom unless and until you have some use for them such as printing or uploading to a website, etc.  Edits made in Lightroom are in Lightroom's database (and, if you so choose, in the metadata in or with the image files).

No matter what you do, always always have backups of your pictures as well as of any database such as Lightroom's.

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow