X-M1

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anthony Alongi
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: X-M1
In reply to bentheoandrews, Jun 24, 2013

I have an X10 and I will take the XM-1 as rumored.  Yes, it would be nice to have the XE-1 in a scaled down version, but this works for me.  I was in the "must have a viewfinder" camp until very recently, when I had the chance to use an Olympus E-PL5 with the tilting screen.  I found that tilting the screen upwards and looking down (a la a medium format film camera) quite natural - and with the benefit of that huge screen as a viewfinder.  Would I miss the actual viewfinder?  Occasionally, but the tilt screen makes up for it for me 90% of the time.  I have never pre-ordered a camera, but if most of the rest of the specs on this one check out, I will pre-order one ASAP.  My guess is that Fuji knows what it is doing - the vast majority of camera buyers do not hang out on DPR and obsess over the things that many of us do.  Many of them have never even visited a "real" camera store!  This looks like a great step up from the X10/X20 and the perfect step down from the XE series.  I'm buying!

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X-M1New
CrapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow