LF1 Gallery of Professinal Street Photos by Jesse Marlow

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,639Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow. Photos like that can sell any camera.
In reply to claudemc, Jun 24, 2013

claudemc wrote:

I tested a bit more this afternoon, white balance issues, EVF bring nothing to me (it is very unconfortable, maybe presbytie is my problem)

doesn't the EVF have diopter adjustment?

but when you take a shot, the picture you took appears a bit after the shot, so it's like a Tango, you see the picture going back to alf a second before the image you see on screen, it's the first time I see it.

You can't do like with canon cam and maintain half way the shutter button to fix AE/AF and shoot quickly, so the shot to shot delay is too long for me.

are you talking about the EVF here, or both EVF and LCD display? If the EVF works like that that wouldn't be good, but it would surprise me.

So LX7 for 24mm F1.4, RX100 for definition in a compact body, LF1 for 200mm good IQ and really intuitive settings and S110 for compact 24mm.

yes, they all have their strong and weak points; but you can't use them all so have to chose the best compromise.

Btw, regarding the 'street photography' talk above: LF1 doesn't seem a logical choice for that given the optical spec and the slow (?) response. There are many cameras that are more suitable for street photography; LF1 is more a camera for general 'walkaround' photography, vacation shots etc. - similar to the superzooms, but with better image quality, more options and probably better ergonomics.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow