Nikon 35mm f/2 AF-D on D600

Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Per Baekgaard
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 35mm f/2 AF-D or 28mm f/2.8D on D600
In reply to RayG123, Jun 24, 2013

RayG123 wrote:

I am seeing one used in the local market, will see if I can get a chance to play with it before purchasing it.

As others have said, it is a nice lens with its own character -- the images have a certain "look" that is difficult to describe, and I like to use it for that reason. I have other "better" (in terms of sharper) lenses in the same focal length, but will still pull out the 35mm for various purposes -- and then it's light and a good focal length on FX, with a realitively small close-focus distance.

However, you mentioned buying it used. Make sure you inspect the aperture blades. Some of the older copies tended to develop "sticky blades" as oil residues gradually found its way unto the aperture, causing them to "stick" and not close down as quickly as needed.

It is easy to see; the aperture blades should look uniform and not have any visible oily areas, and they should follow quickly if you activate the aperture leaver manually.

Per Baekgaard's gear list:Per Baekgaard's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow