Advantages of Foveon sensor Locked

Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Erik Magnuson
Forum ProPosts: 12,079Gear list
Re: Advantages of Foveon sensor
In reply to Lin Evans, Jun 24, 2013

Lin Evans wrote:

Playing to the mean is precisely what the CFA technology does.

And our monitors and our printers and every other color display technology we use day to day.

CFA spectral color resolution is poor in relation to Foveon color resolution.

Now you are trying to distinguish between hue/luminance error (and metermerism) and color edge acuity. If the color edge does not match the pixel alignment precisely, then the hue accuracy will be compromised.

that currently under the right conditions it out-performs CFA based sensors in several important ways.

And you have now circled back "I llike Foveon better." I think we know that by know.

What do they hope to accomplish by continuing arguments year after year even when very competent reviewers and photographers praise the results they get with the latest Sigma cameras?

What do you hope to accomplish by praising the output year after year and attacking those who hold a different opinion?

Just asking... And as far as human vision is concerned, yes I do indeed know what I'm talking about.

Then the answer to my question about "intentionally playing ignorant" is a "yes?"

-- hide signature --

Erik

Erik Magnuson's gear list:Erik Magnuson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 450D Sigma SD10 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Nikon D3200 +28 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow