Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Erik Magnuson
Forum ProPosts: 12,058Gear list
Re: Advantages of Foveon sensor
In reply to Lin Evans, Jun 24, 2013

Lin Evans wrote:

Hi Eric,

I hope you're not working under the mistaken assumption that human color vision is a constant and invariable. I can assure you that it varies a great deal and I'm not talking about color blindness or other pathological conditions - I talking about normal human variability in color perception.

There is a "Standard Model" that is the technical baseline.  It represents what most people can see.

Even were human vision a constant, which it is decidedly not, why would a "weakness" (the RGB model as developed in CFA technology) be the optimal solution for producing the best color replication from sensor capture?

The RGB model predates CFA technology by 50 years.   Are you playing intentionally ignorant here of color science?

Best regards,

Lin

Erik Magnuson wrote:

Rudi wrote:

As I said before - the problem is in the RGB Color model not in the sensors which are capable of delivering more information in an image file.

That's circular reasoning - obviously the sensor has a internally consistent color model. But the best color model that describes human vision is RGB - that's been established for over 80 years now. That's the accuracy that is of interest to anyone doing photographic work to be viewed by humans.

-- hide signature --

Erik

-- hide signature --

Erik

Erik Magnuson's gear list:Erik Magnuson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 450D Sigma SD10 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Nikon D3200 +28 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow