Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Isacas
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
Re: Any FZ200 Users Here?For sderdiarian
In reply to sderdiarian, Jun 24, 2013

sderdiarian wrote:

historianx wrote:

I have a EP2 and GX1, along with a couple Olympus E-3s and an E-5, and an assortment of High and Super High Grade lenses. But I also have a FZ200 that did this:

Cooper's Hawk, Lumix FZ200

Very nice shot and the detail really holds up well.

I've lent my E-620 with kit lenses to my son for an upcoming safari he and his wife are going on in August, and told him to rent a 70-300mm or possibly the 50-200mm with 1.4x teleconverter for added reach. This has me wondering if he'd be better served with an FZ200, being new to photography. Eliminates lens swapping and the possibility of dust getting in that goes with it.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

I have an OMD EM5  plus a couple of older pens and I also have a Panny FZ200 and I LOVE it. In good light it has great image quality. In the Panny forum I have seen several samples of safari photos taken with the FZ200 and from the results and given that your son does not seem to be an experienced photographer, I would say that he and his wife would be much better served by the FZ200 (no lens swapping  24-600  f2.8!!!!) It really is an excellent camera and there is a lot of info  and samples on the Panasonic forum. Good luck! Here is a sample of a blonde pelican taken wiith the FZ200

Blonde pelican in Miami Beach.Panny FZ200

Isacas's gear list:Isacas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow