Sigma Lens For Landscape Shooting?

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 17,952Gear list
Like?
The mapping...
In reply to BPB, Jun 24, 2013

BPB wrote:

Thank you for your response. I have uploaded a few shots to an album in my gallery to show you some of the subjects I like to shoot.,

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1733095923/albums/landscapes

They were all taken with my Nikon D300, I am still have to get back to and get my new SD15 into service.

The lenses used include,

Sigma 12-24mm earlier version, not Mk 11.

Nikon 16-84mm VR

Sigma 17-70mm DC Macro

Sigma 120-400mm OS

Some are nef to jpeg without any pp at all while others have some pp.

Please feel free to look and add any further lens advice that you feel applies.

I know my techniques need much improvement so please CC as you see it. I am working with restricted computer hardware at the moment (we got hit by lightning recently) and I do not have access to calibrated monitors at the moment, so not sure what the images will actually look like.

Thanks again for your input.

Bryan (BPB)

That was a pretty interesting set, from the standpoint of range... it seemed like around an equal number of 16mm, 38mm, and 70mm stuff (with a bit more of the wider lengths).

My diagnosis is a DP-3M, and a 18-35mm lens (if the D300 is not full frame, forget if it is or not).  For a full-frame, you should keep using the 12-24 but also add the 35mm f/1.4...  that seems to be the best wide angle they have currently.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow