Good price for K-30 kit?

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Aidan Gibson
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: Good price for K-30 kit?
In reply to Tucabert, Jun 23, 2013

Tucabert wrote:

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw this ad go up. I found it on dubizzle.com which is like the craigslist of the UAE. The good thing is practically all the locals here are super rich so they go out buying things without any research or regard for the price and then when they come to sell it, they don't really know how much they should charge and the probably don't really care how much they sell it for. I will probably be able to bargain down to AED 2800 which is about $760!! My only concern with the Tamron is the focus speed. I actually used to own a Canon 60d with the nifty fifty and a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4. I had quite a few issues with the Sigma and had to take it to a local repair shop for sharpness and when I got it back it made super strange sounds when focusing. Then about three weeks later my house got robbed since I like to be organised and put my camera next to my school bag ready to take to school the next day I got punished by loosing it. But at least that gave me the chance to start over and invest into one of the systems that kept on annoying my whilst I had my Canon which was Sony and Pentax because they have simply got double the specs for half the price!! I guess now is my opportunity.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctopOqYl-oI

the guy from photouniverse said its speed was almost as fast as Canons 70-200 2.8 L.

may I ask how old you are if you still go to school?

cheers.

ps: sorry your house was robbed!

Aidan Gibson's gear list:Aidan Gibson's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow