Modern photography: "an incredible surge in mediocrity"

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,114Gear list
Like?
Re: photo contests, whales, and 2-bit hookers...
In reply to Teila Day, Jun 23, 2013

Teila Day wrote:

robert1955 wrote:

How about this: that kind of competition is so 1975. The people still liking it are getting too old to go up in the mountains.

I think most of the general public and photographers novice and pro alike, couldn't care less about photo competitions any more. They hardly have any meaning with the glut of "contests" being held today. If a professional photographer tells someone that they won the xyz photo contest, it's basically perceived as meaningless. There's a photo contest on every corner.

There is no judging art. What you think is great, I might find unworthy of being sold in a garage sale.

I think people people in general are past "photo contests"... Thank goodness.

Now if we can only eradicate those cheesy, horrible plaster-a-bunch-of-makeup-on-a-child-to-the-point-where-she-looks-like-a-2-bit-hooker toddler beauty contest, then we could really get back to the business of saving whales, baby seals, and making the world a better place.

-- hide signature --

Teila K. Day
http://teiladay.com

Especially as the make-up was probably from a dead whale?

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ah!New
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow