Advantages of Foveon sensor Locked

Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
dmaclau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,536Gear list
Color Accuracy as Reality
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, Jun 23, 2013

I'm starting to believe that a parasite of sorts infects our brain at birth and subtly alters it's chemistry throughout our lives.  How else to understand all the different simultaneous "realities."  Colors are reality when seen, but only then.  They're then processed by a lens, camera, computer, screen and perhaps a printer.  The color guide through each of these steps is our own infallible memory of what we thought we saw.  Hmmm.

Color perception like art is not scientifically definable.  Not yet at least.  Within it's range a Foveon sensored camera is capable of quite unique and stunning imagery.  This is certainly true for colors and transfers quite well into B&W.

What I'm reading here are various attempts to parse that into individual elements which may then be "scientifically" dis-proved.  OK.  If that's what floats your boat.  I have to ask what is to be gained though.

Although most images are not good, I seem to generate more little masterpieces with the Sigma than with any other camera I've used.  The color signature is quite different and pleasing and they are much better for B&W.

Go ahead and scientifically prove that a photon can't double fribble a pixel.  Or demonstrate why upsizing one image and combining with a downsized image from another camera and then sideways sizing the lot while rubbing a cut potato on a wart...what on earth are you getting on about?  Are you creating images you're pleased with?  No?  Move on.  Yes?  That's wonderful!  Not shooting at all?  Pull up your socks and get out of the house.

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-M1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow