ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Plasma66
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Camera Wiith Video as Priority
Jun 23, 2013

Hello,

I am traveling around Asia in a few months time and I would like to buy a camera to use for both stills but more importantly video. Videos that I plan to take will most likely be taken stationary or on a tripod. I would like one which is able to make use of old manual lenses, which rules out most full frame DSLR cameras (I think?). I currently have a Sony A33 which is fair for stills, however both control and quality of video is not so good. My budget is around £400-700 ($600-1000).

So far my options are

Panasonic GH2. But would have to get a used one, there aren't many on eBay.

Panasonic G6. seems to have similar quality to GH2 but it is on the higher end of my budget.

Sony Nex 5R/6. I tried out the older 5N a while back and I liked the quality but I've read these cameras suffer from aliasing.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema. Don't believe this can do stills but it can use interchangeable lenses, would rather a stills camera unless this blows them out of the water.

Any suggestions are welcomed, I'm not expecting high end cinematic quality with my budget, but would like to know what is the best at the moment within the range.

Thank you.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A33
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow