ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,858Gear list
Like?
Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM
Jun 23, 2013

Shot yesterday with both the new Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM and Zeiss 135mm f1.8

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM when all the reviews come in will probably be the Sharpest 50mm currently being made. Even wide OPEN at f1.4.

It AF very fast on the a99 ... it is the lens that makes the a99 SING !

Peaking in the EVF and f1.4 lens are made for each other.  I just got to get used to it

7 shots uploaded to DPR ... 4 at f1.4 ... the 5th is at f1.6 probably because I moved the wheel by accident. I shot a LOT at f1.4 at yesterdays Ritz Carlton Waikiki Residence event that was Uploaded to the Web LIVE to 3 world wide markets. Sold over 50% of the residences ... and the lowest price was us$600,000.00. (my guess is that was a studio)

Shot JPG + RAW ... the JPG uploaded live and SDs kept as back up. These shots are from the RAW.

imho, this 50mm f1.4 has a better AF w/ a99 than the Nikon 24mm f1.4 on a D800 more accurate and FAST. and when the Reviews come out my guess is it will be the SHARPEST 50mm made , even wide OPEN f1.4. I used the shoot with the OLY 50mm f2.

The size makes the Nikon 50mm f1.4 look wimpy.

Hope this helps someone  ...  you will NOT go wrong buying this lens on a a99

IF  SONY  makes THIS PRO "Weather Sealed" Metal body 50mm f1.4  the STANDARD  by which ALL there Future PRO weather Sealed lens are to be made   ...    And they ship a PDAF/CDAF 36+mp Low Noise NO-AA  Sensor  ... they need to think  100%  increase in LENS sales in 2014.

HG

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 ZA SSM

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow