Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 701Gear list
Like?
Adding "Neon" Lights
Jun 23, 2013

I have an image of a bar sign that I took in the daylight as well as an image of the same sign at dusk when the neon lights were lit. Is there a way to add the "neon" light colors to the daylight image? I am very interested in the *HOW* of this rather than just viewing other interpretations, but obviously, feel free to have a play with these images.

I tried using the eyedrop tool to take a sample of the green neon light from the dusk image and then painting and using the bucket tool on the daytime image, but did not get decent results.

There is a second component to this challenge, and that is the glow that is given off from the neon lights. I am not as interested in recreating that for the daytime image, but hey, if there are some techniques to be learned, then have at it!

NOTE: I still need to do some clean up work on the daytime image in the top right corner sky where I cloned out some wires and poles. I just noticed that I never did finish that... dang! One more thing to add to my list...

Here are the images:

Daytime

Dusk

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow