Nikon 24mm f/1.4G vs. Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 vs. Nikon 16-35mm f/4G

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 vs.the World
In reply to anotherMike, Jun 23, 2013

anotherMike wrote:

I'm not the OP, but the 24/1.4G always has seemed to be a bit of a problem lens in terms of AF accuracy at those wide open apertures for a lot of people. Unlike when I wrote my replies 9 months ago to this thread, I now own the Zeiss 21 as well as having owned the 24/1.4G for a while now. Both are my very favorite wide angles and there is no way I could or would part with either one, but I use them for landscape use, not street work, so the 24/1.4G's AF tendencies aren't an issue. I view the two lenses as two excellent tools that have different renderings instead of placing one lens as outright better than the other optically. I'd give up the 14-24, 28/1.8, and Sigma 35/1.4 that I own to keep these around, which should tell you something.

-m

Thank you fro your very valuable input, Mike. I am still tossing up whether to get the 24 f1.4G and your comments make it more difficult to resist!

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow