I am not happy with Sony's new flash shoe. It's non-standard for so many things.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kirk Tuck
Senior MemberPosts: 1,775Gear list
Like?
I am not happy with Sony's new flash shoe. It's non-standard for so many things.
10 months ago

My HVL 60 won't interface with my Flash Wave radio triggers because the new "standard" foot is...."non-standard". There's no sync terminal on the flash. It's wildly complicated to use in the wireless mode on camera. And there's no off camera sync cord made by anyone on the market.

Here's my latest work around: http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-small-victory-against-engineering.html

It's a full on rant but at least I am now able to trigger both variants of Sony flashes with my "industry standard" triggers. But, of course, only on manual...

Grrrrrrrr.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

Kirk Tuck's gear list:Kirk Tuck's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow