Which lens to replace my broken 18-70mm?

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
macwrite
Regular MemberPosts: 487
Like?
Which lens to replace my broken 18-70mm?
Jun 22, 2013

As I posted in 18-70mm won't focus. What is the likely repair cost? (Nikon Canada) thread 4 months ago, my 18-70mm won't focus anymore. I can use it as a stuck focus and watch focus it. But if you move the focus ring it doesn't focus of course and the focus distance window doesn't move. I have a D7000

So how what should I replace it with. Yes I am low income and my income is being cut by 50% December 1 to $95/month (no joke). But I did get $500 for my birthday from my surrogate grandmother as well as $100 from my moms new found cousin last week. I would normally put that that into savings for a new computer as I use Macs and have to think "worse case" for how long between replacements (5-years sadly).

But the bug is byting me to replace the lens that fell off a bus with me onto concret, worked for 9 years.

No I wouldn't use that particular $600 to buy Apple-care for my rMBP I got last September or for the $169 to replace my iPhone 4 32GB where people can't hear me sometimes.

So which lens would have the same build quality as the 18-70mm? I truly was looking forward to getting the 10-24mm this year but that's now out the window

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow