Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PsychoPowers
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Nikon D3200 body vs Nikon D7000 body + savings of $430 in both bodies
Jun 22, 2013

Quick and simple questions. I'm debating whether which camera body to get. I'm really on the fence leaning towards the Nikon D7000, but looking at my lens lineup I have, Tokina 12-24 dx II (which has the BIM + Nikon 35 f/1.8 and that if I really need the convenience features of the D7000 + better build quality. I'm not here to start a war, or complaining this feature on the D7000 is better than the D3200 or anything like that, just wanted to get some real perspectives, savings of $430 and whether its justifiable or is it just "hype". Real world usage and what things come into play vice versa.

I'm not really worried about the image quality, because both cameras are about the same, only that the D7000 has advantages are: better ISO coverage, faster fps, bkt shooting, faster focusing, dual card SD slots, dual wheel control, more focus points and cross type focus points that's really all I can think of.

Should I save about $430 and get the D3200 body or should I really just value that $430 "semi-pro esk" features plus build quality on the Nikon D7000?

My main primary photography I do is, Nature/landscape photography, and little bit of product photography (car shoots) and that's it. Also is more "cross type focus points" really all that significant!?

Arghhh I don't know.

Here my calculations: (Prices from BH Photo)

-- hide signature --

Nikon D3200 = $ 550 Body + 18-55mm lens (Then I would sell it on CL for roughly $80) then it'll put me at $470. Maybe and possibly getting a grip as well, but we'll leave that out for now.

--Nikon D7000 = $900 body only.

Any help or your thoughts are appreciated! Happy summer!

Nikon D3200 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow