Password Managers

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
stratobill
Contributing MemberPosts: 807
Like?
Re: Password Managers
In reply to DS Sulley, Jun 22, 2013

DS Sulley wrote:

Looking for opinions on the best Password Manager for Apple products. I see some good talk on Datavault but it appears to only work on IOS devices. I'd like one that would work for my iPad(s) iPones(s) MBP and iMac

I also have been using 1Password for years, it works great. Also works great on the IOS devices, though as others have said it doesn't work within Safari on those, you have to switch back and forth.

One thing I would look at closely is whether the company that makes the product is reasonably certain to be around for the long haul. It would be a PIA if the company went under, and you either had to reenter everything, or (worse) lost everything.

I had this experience with Now Contact- all of my contacts are in an orphaned program. Migrating to the Address Book, but it's not been pretty.

I would way that Apple is the safer company, if I didn't have a bunch of orphaned Works files all over the place!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow