Some simple Mac questions

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,002
Like?
Re: NTFS with Macs
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Jun 22, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

I have the same sort of problem when I look at Mac software. I know Lightroom and Photoshop so I know what to expect for the cost. But I have no idea how good a tool Pixelmator is and, when I consider the low cost, I wonder how good it can be. Of course there is a trial and I will find out and, I suppose, that will be part of the fun of learning a new system - learning the new software.

Many separately-sold packages like Photoshop, Lightroom, and independently-distributed shareware have trial versions (or act as trial versions until you pay, and get a key).  The Mac App Store does not have trial versions, but there are user ratings and user reviews similar to the ones you might see on Amazon or the iTunes Store.  Some packages are sold both separately and on the Mac App Store.

There are also magazine reviews, e.g., at the MacWorld site.  Here Google is your friend.  (Or shall I say, Google wants to be "your friend", since the Mac is one of the platforms for which they have made the free Chrome browser and Picasa photo editor available.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow