Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloodycape
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
Underwater housing and camera dilemma
Jun 22, 2013

I am planing to go to hawaii in about a month and was thinking of getting a underwater housing for my camera. The thing is I have the GF3 + 14mm lens and Sony A57 with few lenses. I was originally thinking of getting a underwater housing for the GF3, which can be had for about $100 for the 14mm lens model. But, that is pretty much the only lens I have and it's not the best if we go hiking or see wildlife. Then I thought bring both the GF3 and A57 for the different usages. Since the GF3 is small enough, both will fit in my camera bag no problem. But, then part of me thinks that is a bit over doing it, and my friends are going to think I am a bit nuts for being two different camera kits.

Now here is the dilemma I am having a quick search on amazon showed me I can get a dicapac or the like housing for my A57 also for about $100. If I went with this option I can have a camera that works for all the scenarios I may see(as I have larger native lens selection), but then it becomes a bit bulky(thought I don't think too bad) specially if I go snorkeling or swimming with dolphins. The other issue is the housing for the GF3 is a hard shell housing(though not too sure of quality) vs the soft shell being offered for SLR cameras at that price. Any suggestions, tips or ideas? Thanks.

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow