Some simple Mac questions

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Re: NTFS with Macs
In reply to noirdesir, Jun 21, 2013

noirdesir wrote:

There are two main alternatives for NTFS 'drivers' on the Mac, a commercial one from Paragon, and an open source one (and based on the open source version an enhanced commercial one from Tuxera).

I found these when I did a Google search but, since I know next to nothing about the Mac, I don't know if any of these are better than the others.

Is there any reason to use the commercial ones (that cost money) over the share ware version (which I assume is free)? Or any reason to use the $20 commercial one rather than the $15 one? Without any experience using them I have no idea if one is better than another.

I have the same sort of problem when I look at Mac software. I know Lightroom and Photoshop so I know what to expect for the cost. But I have no idea how good a tool Pixelmator is and, when I consider the low cost, I wonder how good it can be. Of course there is a trial and I will find out and, I suppose, that will be part of the fun of learning a new system - learning the new software.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow