wimberly or jobu

Started Nov 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
wazu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,247
Like?
Re: wimberly or jobu
In reply to ranamo, Jun 21, 2013

ranamo wrote:

In the near future I plan to buy a 500f4 or 600 f4 lens. I guess I will have to move up to a gimbalhead too. Which one would you pick? The Wimberly full gimbal head, or the Jobu pro2 ??

I have tried both ( briefly at the shop ), and both feel very solid, but the truth comes out with daily use.

I would realy value the opinion of those who use these gimbalheads. Which is best? Or should I consider a third option?

Your thoughts please.

Goodlight
Ranamo

There are gimbals that fold up which may be beneficial for the compactness if you want to keep as small a bag as possible. Benro has pne that is called the BG2 or something similar. Wimberly exudes quality and will last a lifetime with service at least on a par with RRS. If you are hard on your gear it may be a point worth considering. How good is the service from Jobu or other Wimberly knock-offs. Maybe it doesn't matter if only occasionally are out in harsh conditions slinging a 5kg DSLR and lens on you tripod and gimbal/fluid head.

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow