Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,333Gear list
Like?
What I want
In reply to cosmonaut, Jun 21, 2013

cosmonaut wrote:

I remember when the NEX series came out and all of the comments on how ugly it was. You are missing out the OMD EM-5 is the best mirrorless camera hands down. It's worth it just for the focusing.

Is this comment meant for me?

I've had three extended shooting sessions with the EM5. I love its feature set, but each time I've shot with it I've come away with the impression that Oly sacrificed its handling to make it look cool. Also, the lack of a built-in flash is a deal-breaker for me.

I can understand why other people like the camera, but it's not for me and I certainly don't feel like I'm "missing out".

I'm currently using an E-P3 with the optional large grip and a "Thumbs Up" style thumb attachment.

I'll upgrade it when Oly brings out a top-range camera with great handling, 5-way IBIS, flip-out screen, built-in flash and preferably an EVF.

I do like the handling on the Panny SLR-styled cameras, but prefer Olympus for the new IBIS system and colour palette.

S

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ugh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow