The Amazing D200.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,447Gear list
Like?
Re: The Amazing D200.
In reply to PhotoKhan, 10 months ago

I just ordered one from KEH after reading and seeing images made from this camera. For years I shot with an olympus E1 and LOVED the colors I got from it. The OOC jpegs were so good, raw files were rarely if ever needed. The only problem was the small sensor amplified noise + it was only 5MP. I tried a later E410 but the panny CMOS sensor didn't have the same look. The other E system cameras didn't look any better so I got a D7000 and switched systems.

Clearly the low ISO and shadow recovery from the D7000 is amazing but I instantly noticed things like the red channel being blown into mush, files that had certain colors extremely over saturated even shot on the neutral picture control etc.

So I'm going to "step back" to a D200 and see how it works for me. I still have a D7000 when I know I need iso800+ but much of the time I shoot in daylight with fairly fast glass so am at the lower iso settings anyway. I hope to end up with files that look like my E1 files, great colors etc but with 2X the MP and more dynamic range.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow