Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 2,868
Like?
Re: Photography, Cameras and People in General
In reply to Sir Corey of Deane, Jun 21, 2013

Sir Corey of Deane wrote:

JamesD2 wrote:

Actually, I have the Gary Friedman book. I read part of it but there's just too much to remember and in my humble opinion, when a camera is this complicated that it requires all of these pages to help me grasp its features, I become disheartened.

I sympathise entirely, James and is one reason why I have decided to continue with what gear I have now.

You could use the Sony in its Auto mode which I have no doubt would produce good results, but would largely negate its esoteric functions and such mode I mostly use on my Fuji F300EXR as that, too, has quite a few shooting options which I have found not worth the bother. But this Fuji was much cheaper than your Sony and being pretty sure my digital photography sights are set somewhat lower than yours, I am quite happy with what I get as per this photo shot on Auto EXR....

I wanted to make a Fred Flintstone car and this is the only way I could get the wheels.

The pic looks quite good to me but I think your Sony might do better and you have the advantage of more cropping capability too.

Go on, James, ditch all those books and take no notice of other people's opinions/comments, do your own thing and enjoy your camera.

Robert.

Nice pic! As Fred Flintstone would say.."yabba, dabba, doo"!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow