The Amazing D200.

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tidewater
Contributing MemberPosts: 727Gear list
Like?
Yes
In reply to marcio_napoli, Jun 21, 2013

marcio_napoli wrote:

No unnecessary amount of shadow lifting (which just make shots look fake), no bland, dull colors, no over processed ISO 50.000 in very bad light.

In fact, it's actually the very opposite.

Deep, rich colors, superb edge sharpness, and that trademark CCD rendering.

And with the limited ISO range of those old CCD cameras, you're "forced" to shoot in good light.

When I say "good light", I'm actually referring to plenty of photons available, and the quality of light itself.

Being "forced" to shoot from ISO 100 to 800, actually makes you shoot only when it matters, when there is quality of light.

Marcio Napoli

www.marcionapoli.com

Very well said Marco, You sound like a guy who liked Ektachrome or even Kodachrome 64

Simply stated, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT! If its poor it can't be made good. You can push the film but you pay a price.

I know I am old school but I don't expect to take very good photos in poor light so I don't worry much about having a couple more F stops or not.

Maybe I am lazy but I still don't see much need to leave the D200

(Apologies to all those who do need to shoot in dreary gymnasiums or night clubs)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow