Skin colour in 24MP DX cameras

Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Deleted-pending
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665
Like?
Re: Ordered :)
In reply to Stacey_K, Jun 21, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

After reading your notes here, doing some research etc I ordered a EX+ D200 from KEH and hope I like the results for low ISO portrait work. 10MP is more than plenty for me and if this skin tone issue is solved, I can live with the ISO ceiling these have. BTW what do you consider the high ISO limit to be for these? It has to be better than my E1 I do believe there is a reason they stayed with CCD for medium format pro backs etc..

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey, you will notice the difference. No mushy shadows, no color shift if your image was overexposed or underexposed, no almond paste skin tones in mixed-warm light situations. The images produced by the 10MP CCD are very subtle in terms of tones and details and easy to tone, use Capture NX for the best results. The only downside of the D200 is the screen, but you can read everything trough the viewfinder, so shoot raw and expose right, this is the key. I have shot great pictures at 800 ISO, but for best results, keep it under 400 ISO. Underexposing will produce more noise in the shadows and medium tones, overexposing will produce less noise. You may want to overexpose by 0.3 IL your shots by default

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow