Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nicolas Sancey
Regular MemberPosts: 241Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!
In reply to NZ Scott, Jun 20, 2013

NZ Scott wrote:

Hey kids,

After the disappointment with the E-M5 and E-P5 I started to wonder if Olympus would ever design a camera with decent ergonomics. Hopefully Oly will take a look at Samsung's new Galaxy NX mirrorless camera, which has nailed some of the layout features the E-M5 should have had, namely:

- EFV placed towards the left

- Built-in flash (yes, it can be done Oly, even when there's an EVF) with additional hotshoe

- A nice, deep grip with (presumably) a large battery inside while retaining a slim body

The main problem with the Samsung is that it lacks room for physical controls. However, that's because it has an enormous 4.3 inch display. Knock that puppy down to 3 inches, add some dials and buttons, and Bob's your uncle.

Oly, I promise that when you bring out a camera with this layout (and 5-way IBIS) then I will, at last, upgrade my E-P3.

More info here:

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-first-images-of-the-samsung-galaxy-nx-mirrorless-system-camera/

Yours in advance of being flamed,

S

-- hide signature --

"Hey Kids" How about Sons and daughters while you're at it? I just find it amusing.

-- hide signature --

Nicolas

Nicolas Sancey's gear list:Nicolas Sancey's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ugh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow