Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smallLebowski
Contributing MemberPosts: 536
Like?
Size does matter.
Jun 20, 2013

I was just at the friends apartment and after having my NEX-5R for several months I got so accustomed to its size and weight that I took it for granted. Today friend handed me 7D...

OMG!!! I don't have words to describe how I felt. This HUGE BRICK which BTW wasn't any more comfortable to hold (where is ergonomics that DSLR fans scream everywhere about?). This thing should be condemned to destruction - it is UGLY, BIG and UNCOMFORTABLE to hold, operate and I put it down after 2 min holding and never EVER want to have it again. No more DSLRs for me. God bless NEX.

I repeat: famous "ergonomics" of DSLR sucked after NEX at least for me - probably due to me getting used to close position of NEX buttons and dials. Compared to NEX, 7D had all buttons misplaced all over the body, in the front, on the back - HOLY JESUS - what a mess. It's really uncomfortable to operate this brick. And have you looked at screen? It's darker than NEX LCD (or it was set to lower brightness maybe - not sure, but now I understand why DSLR users want to have OVF - cause they can't see anything on that friking screen - Canon calls LCD.

I am ashamed to think that I was skeptical before - that DSLRs have some place for me - but now I know - DSLRs are UGLY BRICKS compared to NEX.

Just my .02 cents. As they say: you learn good or bad in comparison.

Canon EOS 7D NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow