Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,992Gear list
Like?
New Macbook Airs opinions?
Jun 20, 2013

I've been waiting for a while for the new Macbooks, or Macbook Airs for use as my mobile photography assistant.

I'm seriously considering getting the new Macbook Air 13 inch.

I get it fully loaded, because:

In a pinch I could do most of my editing on the Macbook Air with a 13" if I was out travelling for an extended period. the i7 would make short work of most processioning.

Id want the 512 Gb model during say a one month trip I could imagine getting 100 Gb of high res photos, video and audio, so it's nice to have enough room to grow. The need to carry additional drives to off load to would sort of negate the wieight savings of getting the Air in the first place.. for back up I would rather just have a dozen 8 or 16 Gb SD cards where I would keep the original files..If possible I could also upload files to the cloud..

I don't think for photographers that going with the 11" models would be that advisable, the 13" only weighs 300 grams more than the 11" and for size difference isn't a big deal..

The screen is said to be much improved as far as being too reflective..

I really think it's a must for serious travel photography to be able to check your images if not in the field at least at the end of every session...

So I'd go with the fully loaded Macbook Air as my serioulsy capable and light travel assitant..

Love that extended battery time!!

Any thoughts? Too expensive, slow, not enough ports what' are the cons in your opinion? Thanks in advance for any inputs!

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow