Does anyone like the canon 35mm 1.4 more than the sigma?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,756Gear list
Like?
Re: Does anyone like the canon 35mm 1.4 more than the sigma?
In reply to keithinmelbourne, Jun 20, 2013

keithinmelbourne wrote:

The Photo Ninja wrote:

I haven't found any review that prefers the canon.

Opinions?

I imagine that it's hard to say. If you already have a 35L why would you be toying with the Sigma? I have the 35L, but I'm not tempted to try the Sigma because I already love the lens I have. The Sigma may be very good, but so is my 35L There are no circumstances where any marginal, if any, advantages in IQ would lead me to change.

I feel about the same. I am not anti-Sigma, but my 35L is one of my favorite lenses, so for me to feel a need to upgrade, I would need a rather compelling reason. One such compelling reason would be weather-sealing, and I have not noticed if this particular Sigma is rated as "splash-resistant," as is another Sigma I am considering, the 12-24mm II. There have been rumors that Canon will introduce a 35L II with weather-sealing.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow