Do I tell my friend they suck?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,506Gear list
Like?
Honestly evaluate your own motives
In reply to Placation101, 10 months ago

Do you really care about this person and seriously want to help them, or are you just annoyed that they think and act like they are great when you know they are not? If you really care about them, then it might be worth slowly offerering constructive feedback on how they could improve. If not, why waste your time? I think you fall into the latter category.

Most people don't want constructive criticism, so why bother giving it and opening yourself up to an argument unless you like that kind of thing? I believe the OP is correct about this person's photos as I know a few people like that also. They get seriously into something and like to act and feel like an expert, constantly giving advice on something they really don't know that much about, but to those who know nothing, they give the appearance of an expert. I've got enough of my own problems to worry about without worrying about other peoples.

I say let it go until they notice that you take better photos and ask for advice.

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow