Continuation of my Nikon D4 assymetrical AF saga Part III

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Colin46
Senior MemberPosts: 1,058Gear list
Like?
Re: Update 19th June 2013
In reply to surrephoto, Jun 20, 2013

surrephoto wrote:

Hi all, I visited Nikon Singapore to discuss with the service manager once again.

Here are the points for easy reading;

1. Nikon Hong Kong has contacted Nikon Singapore regarding my case again.

2. Service Manager shares with me that Nikon Hong Kong (& perhaps Japan) still expects Nikon Singapore to handle the case (oh wow! Malaysia still seems to be under some sort of invisibility cloak)

3. He will let me know next week about other possible forms of resolution beyond exchange/refund w/wo compensation from Nikon Hong Kong and/or Japan.

I informed him that I have my freedom to pursue the case beyond his friendly gesture of other possible resolutions. To me Japan is stubborn & does not respect customers and expect us to believe that the problem is a result of customer expectations when it is simply a manufacturing defect. Give in to them and history will repeat. My resolve continues to grow to pursue this case.

im so glad my D800 and D4 are working perfectly even with my f1.4 lenses, the af never misses with any point or mode unless its my fault.

im not sure i would be as patient as you are in getting this sorted. Its a shame you didnt try out all the points etc within the first few days as you could have just send the camera back for a refund and exchange.

Colin46's gear list:Colin46's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow